St Margaret's primary reading corner
Help your child develop a love of reading
Reading is an important part of your child's development and transition into adulthood. We at St Margaret's hope to engage your child in reading through a variety of materials over their time with us and encourage parents to do the same at home.
Here you can find our Book of the Week feature (at the bottom of this page or click here), with a host of book reviews and recommendations from an independent book store in Hove and in the future we will also be posting some reviews written by our very own children.
Also featured is our "Staff Favourites", videos of our team members discussing their favourite children's books! All are available at the school library for your child to enjoy.
Libraries Week! October 4th - 10th 2021
Online Library Service
If you would like to reserve some books for your child in KS2 (Y3-6, or the KS1 children that are already on library books) from our library, please follow the link here https://apps.libresoft.co.uk/9383300-lyv16vbmk5vzknz6n81e-smcoeps/ and follow these instructions:
- Enter the 3 digit barcode number found in your child's reading diary
- Enter BOOK followed immediately with your child's email password, for example BOOK123find8
- Search for a book your child would like to be in the "catalogue" section
- Once you have chosen a book, use the drop down menu on the word ACTION and chose "Reserve Book"
- Collect your book from the school porch 2 school days post reservation, returning read books into the "Return" box.
Electronic Book Service
If you like reading electronic books, follow this link to Oxford Owl https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/login?active-tab=students and choose the login for your Year Group
All Key Stage 1 library readers: stks1
Password is 1234
Infant Covid-Safe Library Corner
Our infant children can come and swap their box at our Porch Covid-Safe Library on your daily walk. Pop the old books into the "Infant Returns" box and select up to 2 new ones from the appropriate fruit/ vegetable drawer.